This one day course will look at the Stage demands for teaching mathematics. A refresher of Stage appropriate content for teachers moving between stages or an introduction to teachers new to S2
- Important relevant stage syllabus outcomes – looking at what comes before and where we are going!
- Support teachers to encourage students to ask questions and use know facts, objects, diagrams and technology to explore mathematical problems and develop mathematical fluency.
- Develop strategies and concepts that link mathematical ideas and support students to explain concepts using appropriate language.
- Formative assessment examples in Mathematics
- The balance between formative and summative assessments to drive teaching and student groups.
- Differentiating content within the stage
- Backward mapping, intro
- A range of programming examples – bring and share ‘finding the positives in examples’ discussion