We are hosting the first PTC NSW Member Symposium on Wednesday 1 May, from 5.30 – 9.00pm at the PTC NSW Training Venue, situated in the CFCU Building, corner Hall & Percy Streets, Auburn.
Each workshop will be run twice to ensure all members receive as much information as possible. We encourage all member associations to send several representatives to maximise the benefits of each session. Representatives including, Treasurers, Presidents, Executive Officers and Company Secretaries, who could attend the Finance and Governance workshops; while PL committee members could attend the workshops on NESA Professional Learning, Open Learning & PTC Member services and benefits.
This is a free association member benefit event with light refreshments provided.
Mr Paul Martin, NESA Acting CEO will be addressing all participants on the changes at NESA and what we, as stakeholders can expect during this interim period.
The five workshops for members to choose from will be:
1. NESA Professional Learning – Endorsement for Highly Accomplished and Lead, Online applications. Bring your questions for the NESA team to answer
2. Governance – a new frontier, succession planning to future proof your association
3. Finance – update on new reporting requirements
4. PTC Member Services – a treasure trove of options your association may not have discovered
5. Open Learning – The Geography Teachers’ Association: a case study, as well as exploring options for associations
Paul Martin – NESA Acting CEO
Paul Batten – GTA Open Learning
Jim Sturgiss – Open Learning
Catherine Gray – governance
Mai Mai Lin – Finance
Matthew Bentley and NESA PL team
Shreela Pradhan and the PTC Team – Association member benefits
Whole group welcome – 5:30 – 6:00pm
Session One – 6:00 – 7:30pm
Session Two – 7:30 – 9:00pm