This one day course will look at the Stage demands for teaching mathematics. This could be a refresher of Stage appropriate content for teachers moving between stages or an introduction to teachers new to S2
- Important relevant stage syllabus outcomes – looking at what comes before and where we are going!
- Unpack ideas on developing fluency using efficient mental and written strategies to solve problems.
- Build understanding and link mathematical concepts and ideas for Stage 2 students.
- Use of technology to investigate mathematical concepts
- Formative assessment examples in Mathematics
- The balance between formative and summative assessments to drive teaching and student groups.
- Differentiating content within the stage – differentiating planning using rich tasks.
- Backward mapping – for planning rich learning tasks.
- Simple classroom resources