Nominations for media items within the period 19 October 2020 to 13 October 2021. Nomination close on Friday 15 October 2021.
Nominations close Friday 15 October 2021
The Institute for Educational Leadership in Australia will recognise individuals working in the media industry for their positive portrayal of the work of teachers and schools in NSW during the period 19 October 2020 to 15 October 2021.
This award will be presented by the Professional Teachers Council of New South Wales (PTC NSW) at their annual awards evening in February 2022.
The focus of the Media Award is on the value of teaching and learning. We welcome nominations from all media sources including regional and remote outlets.
The nomination should clearly demonstrate how the nominee has contributed positively to promoting the public’s perception of the significance of teaching, as well as identifying and acknowledging the value to the community of teaching as a profession in NSW schools.
Nominations can be made by:
• a member association of the Professional Teachers’ Council NSW
• a school/ school community or parent organisation
• an individual
• self nomination
• media organisations
• other education organisations
The nomination must meet the following criteria:
1. Media items include one or more:
• Print-based material – newspaper, magazines, journals
• Electronic format – radio, television, web-based original material
2. Nominations must be completed on the nomination form provided. Each nomination is to be accompanied by a copy of the material, which supports the nomination.
3. Any submission in a language other than English must have an attached translation.
4. Entries for 2021 should be submitted by 5pm Friday 15 October 2021.
Recipients of this award will be announced on World Teachers Day, Friday 29 October 2021.
Recipients of the award will be presented with a certificate and trophy at the Professional Teachers’ Council NSW Annual Presentation Evening to be held in February 23, 2022.
Individual and media organisation names will be recorded on the Media Award Honour Board located at the Professional Teachers’ Council NSW office and on the PTC NSW website.
The Professional Teachers’ Council NSW Media Award will be promoted through PTC NSW member associations, schools, social media platforms, other educational stakeholders in NSW and the media industry.
An award will only be made if the judges consider there is a suitable entry. The decision of the judging panel is final.