This one-day course will enhance participant knowledge on powerful ways to improve student achievement. Participants will look at feedback and formative assessment in the mathematics classroom.
This involves building participants knowledge of:
- What is feedback and how does it influence learning?
- Reviewing the work of John Hattie, Dylan Wiliams, Helen Timperley, Carol Dweck and other evidence-based research to look at what is effective feedback and how best to influence learning in the mathematics classroom.
- Effective questions for effective feedback.
- What does formative assessment look like in the mathematics classroom?
- Making it efficient and effective.